Tuesday 27 December 2011

Mission: Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol', Tom Cruise Inspiration



"So Tom's been successively around the construction the whole time, and I consideration 'I can do this.'"

Throwing yourself out of the world's tallest building after the world's most famed actor is all in a day's work for Jeremy Renner, Tom Cruise's co-star in the latest installment of Mission Impossible, but even Renner admits he was primarily terrified.

"There's only this little belt, one wire and a bloke who doesn't look like he's paying notice holding me up, so I was a bit worried. A couple of seconds later, I was doing it. And it became a good-looking scene, once the terror passed."

"It's a odd emotion when Tom Cruise calls your house. I'd met him numerous times over the years, and we'd sat down to argue the movie.

"So I went home, the phone rang 15 minutes later, and it was Tom Cruise, asking if I required to do it. I couldn't say no, and it all worked out, and I've educated a lot from the guy this past year.

"Tom was very liberal with time and compliments. He was very hands-on, and makes you feel part of it, so it was the conflicting of threatening, it was inspiring. He sets a high bar of deficient to make the film as great as it can be, with the best stunts. So we all just required to make the film great as well."

The efforts of Renner and his co-stars, as well as British favourite Simon Pegg, have been pleased, with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol garnering the best reviews so far of the lucrative series, with particular praise set aside for the gravity-defying stunts.

Renner's character he describes as "a reluctant hero, a bit fearful" - is the chief analyst for the IMF, thrown into the throes of a major world crisis and forced to team up with Ethan.

No comments:

Post a Comment